Thursday, April 1, 2010

Happy April Fools' Day!

I must admit that the Koreans really do some great things! I appreciate how they make the most of special days. Today, our high school students had prepared fake chalk on the chalk rail, so teachers had to carry chalk with them to class. The kids also coated the door handles with glue, and one class of boys reversed their classroom by turning their chairs round to face the back! They even placed the teachers' lectern at the back of the room. I can't remember us school kids playing cute tricks like that when I was at school!

And then, tonight, I met some of my students' parents. They want to learn English. I am grateful for the opportunity to teach adults. In my opinion, it can only add to my teaching experience. It will be very interesting, since they are at beginner level. Then again, I am in the same boat as they are when it comes to Korean. So here's hoping it will be an equal exchange. My Korean course is proving to be very handy!

No comments:

Post a Comment