Friday, April 30, 2010

Yutnori


Today was the final day of mid-term tests at our high school. (At first, I typed MY but then changed it to OUR....VERY Korean, everything is OURS, not MINE.) After lunch, the teachers had some fun and games in the school gym, playing traditional Korean games. I played
yutnori (pronounced YUNORI). There are two teams, each divided into groups of four. I ended up being dragged into it as well. There are four wooden sticks of varying shapes; some are rounded, others are flattened on one side. Teams face each other across a mat. Each person takes turns to toss the sticks onto a mat in front of them. I just did my own thing for my first two turns, and managed to score for the team, bringing the score up from where it had been straggling. But after that, someone decided to show me how I should actually do it. And that's when my sticks started rolling off the mat, thus meaning no score. But, I'm happy to say that we won the first round :). We played 3 rounds, thus allowing everyone an opportunity to play. At the end of the 3rd round, it was 4:30 and time for me to go home.


Yay! It's weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment